Senti Saturdays Vol 1: Popcorn & Tissue (Movies to watch when you need a good cry)

8:50 AM Unknown 0 Comments


Have you ever had one of those days where you feel so down you want to cry, but you can't shed a tear? You try to picture yourself in a horrible situation to point where you imagine a loved one dying (Morbid, I know. But you can't deny it). This is how I felt today. I wasn't able to sleep well last night and today was just one of those days. I was home alone, my friends could not be reached, so I figured, maybe watching sappy films would make me cry. And it did.

Here's the list of the movies I watched today:
 (WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)
  • What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

This amazing film centers on family, self-awareness, and love. Gilbert Grape carries the responsibility in taking care of his autistic brother, Arnie, and his over-weight mother. Gilbert then meets and falls in love with Becky, a free-spirited woman, that changed his views on life. I could somehow relate to this film since I have an autistic brother. Seeing Arnie's gestures, and his speech reminds me so much of him. I am also deeply moved by Gilbert's tenderness and love for his brother and mother. (Talk about major turn on!) However, he needs to decide whether he's going to spend the rest of his life with this responsibility or to start a new life on his own. I actually cried to the part where Arnie was trying to wake up his mother from sleep. Oh the poor innocent boy's heart, being crashed into a million pieces. I CAN'T. I JUST CAN'T.

  • Up
Who says animated films can't make your eyes wet? I know a handful of animated films that made me cry but this film probably hit me the most. Up is just not just about balloons, cute little kids, and dogs, but something beyond the film's quirkyness.

  • The Fault in Our Stars
Don't deny it; It made you cry, too. Now, cry with me some more. (*sniffs*)
  • Dear John

  • In the span of two weeks, John Tyree, a soldier, and Savannah Curtis, a college student, falls in love with each other. You might be thinking: It's just another Nicholas Sparks love story. Blah blah blah already predictable that the guy gets the girl. But it's not their love story I cried for. I shit you not. I actually cried for the relationship between John and his father. Go figure.

  • Miracle in Cell No. 7

 A Korean film that circulates between a mentally-impaired father and his daughter. They lived a peaceful life until one day he was accused of murder and was therefore sent to jail. DAJSKFHASDLK I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE MY FEELS FOR THIS MOVIE. I think I've used two rolls of tissue on one sitting while watching it. If you're up for a major, major feels-trip then this might be the movie you're looking for.


The massive weight on my chest is now gone and boy does it feel good to have a good cry or two. Guess that sums up my day. Hope this list helps. Have a great week guys!

0 comments :